The house is sold. We have until Monday to be moved out completely before we have to start paying the new owners rent. We were able to check out one rental house after I got off work today and it definitely wasn’t as impressive as the pictures portrayed it. It was small and appeared to have lots of damages that you can clearly tell were poorly covered up. We have a few lined up for tomorrow that should be bigger that are the same price so I’m hoping for the best not that this is the option that I wanted to choose. Either way, because its the weekend we wouldn’t have any luck getting into a place so quickly anyway. My weekend will be spent packing most things up and hauling it all off to a storage unit. What fun!!
My fiance did follow up with the woman he did the skype interview with and she said that he should be contacted by the Executive Chef of the resort very soon. The suspense is absolutely killing me! I hope Monday brings some good news. Just need to get through this chaotic weekend first.
I woke up this morning to the realization that today is Wednesday and that we have 2 days until closing. The interview on Monday supposedly went well via Skype and his resume is being passed on so he can be interviewed by the person who will make the final decision. The woman he talked to told him that she believes he would be a great fit for the Sous Chef position there but may also be qualified for the Chef de Cuisine. I can’t even begin to explain how much we both want this because the opportunities with this company are beyond amazing. Unfortunately he hasn’t heard back yet from that guy and the woman did not mention when he was suppose to be contacting him so the stress has set in because of the closing date. He also received a message later that night from an Executive Chef from a place he interviewed with over a year ago asking if he could talk to him. My fiance responded to talk to him yesterday but he never got a call. I’m literally at a point where I don’t know what to do. I’m feeling really optimistic that something good is in store but when we’re about to be kicked out of the house, the timeline of all this couldn’t come at a worse time. I pray today will be the day that he gets the call. The last thing I want to do is get into a rental and then he gets the job in Colorado. Maybe I’m being too optimistic but I’m truly hoping for the best for our family. After all these years, he definitely deserves this.
In less than a week, the house we’re currently living in is closing and we will have three days afterwards to get out. We have no idea where we’re going at the moment which is an unsettling feeling for me. My fiance has decided again that we need to try and fulfill our dreams of moving out of the state.
Nearly a year ago, he spontaneously did the same thing. He received two interview calls and accepted one of them as a Sous Chef at an Italian restaurant. We both called out of work for 3 days to make the 12.5 hour drive to Denver. We took the little money that we saved up and spent one of those days driving there, the interview the following morning followed by squeezing in as much time as possible to enjoy what we could of the state. A couple hours definitely was not enough. And then the third day driving back home. The following day, he was offered the job making more than twice what he was currently making here in Texas. It was the hardest decision we ever had to make but he had to decline the offer. We came back from that trip completely broke after the gas we spent and the hotel. My credit card was already maxed out prior to the trip and we were struggling badly financially at the time. We didn’t have the means of even getting back up there or to afford a place to stay at. Every single day we regret it and we miss the life that is there.
Yesterday, 15 minutes after he applied to one place that seems to offer amazing opportunities, he received an email back to set up a Skype interview. Monday is the day and I hope and pray this will be what we’ve been waiting for. I’m so anxious between this and the timing of the house selling that I was barely able to sleep last night. I feel like so much is going on right now that I honestly can’t even comprehend it. I’m terrified of the idea of the “unknown.” Moving somewhere other than the next city and leaving my job scare me because of the uncertainty and what ifs. I know this is what we want and have been wanting for years. I’ve never been the type of person to be spontaneous but I desperately do want to be that person. Live life to the fullest and take chances. Fingers crossed that this interview goes well!
Aaralyn received her ribbon and certificate in the mail today for the National American Miss pageant! She will be competing in the pageant to become Miss Texas Princess and if she does win the title, she will get to compete in Nationals in California and she’ll get a day trip to DisneyLand which is something she is highly excited about!
I set up a Gofundme page for her since there is a sponsor fee of $550 to be in the actual pageant. If anyone would like to help, even if it’s $5, anything would be great! If any business chooses to donate, it is tax-deductible. Thank you! 🙂
A few weeks ago we received a letter in the mail for an open call for National American Miss. Just for the fun of it, we decided we’d take our daughter. Free pictures… Sure! Why not?? It was this past Sunday and we were there for about an hour and a half mainly listening to them talk about the pageant and how it is based off of building confidence. That is huge for me since it is something I honestly lack. Unlike other pageants that strictly base their judging on beauty, this one’s goal is for building strong, confident girls. She had a quick interview towards the end and we were told that we would receive an email to let us know if our child was selected as a finalist to compete for state title.
Today was the day that I’ve eagerly been waiting for to find out the results!
She made it!!!!
When she got home from school today, I told her the news and her face just lit up. She was so incredibly happy. Even though the pageant isn’t until July, we have already picked out her dress and ordered it. She is beyond determined to win because she really wants to go to Disneyland. Lol.
Has anyone wanted to change their life so much that they literally just packed their family up and just left? I would love to know if anyone has done this!
It’s something my fiance and I have been contemplating a lot lately. We live in Texas and we’ve both been here our whole lives. We hate it, with a passion. We’re so unhappy and stressed with our jobs, the traffic, the people here and even just the weather and scenery of this state. I’m the type of person that always wants to have a plan and doesn’t want to set myself up for failure but for some reason, this seems logical… We have ideas where we want to go and we’re suppose to be moving out of the place we’re in now around June anyway. I know if we made the move, my fiance could have a job the next day. He’s a Sous Chef right now and completely underpaid. All chef positions in the area are underpaid unless he worked in Dallas but the drive is not worth it and I would never want to live in that area.
I guess my main concern is having the money to move in the first place because we literally have nothing saved up. As of last week, I’ve finally come to a point where I can save up money now that I’ve paid off all my credit card debt which I’m thankful for. I’m at a point in my life where I want to take chances and not be afraid of change especially if it is a change that I really want. If we don’t take chances, I feel like we’ll always be stuck living and doing everything we hate. I don’t want to be that person anymore. Am I crazy to want to do this? Part of me feels like I am just because we have two kids and I’m scared of not having security for them in the time that it will take us to transition somewhere else.
Not sure what to do. I just know I want the change so badly. Decisions, decisions…
So I cooked this about a week ago now. I keep forgetting to post but I’m so proud of myself for doing it!! So, I’ve never cooked steak before and this was my first ever attempt. I sauteed mushrooms and onions and stuffed it inside with Gouda after pan searing the steak first. It was cooked absolutely perfectly as well shockingly enough! My fiance is a chef and fortunately for him, cooking comes naturally. But for me, it’s one of the most stressful things. I’m great at multi-tasking but when you add in heat and time to the mix, nope. Can’t do it! I’m a baby when it comes to getting burned. I hate fire like I’m scared to death of it. I can’t even light a lighter unless it’s one of those long ones where the flame isn’t close to my hand. Like I said, I’m a baby about it, don’t laugh 😦